So here’s a tasty, healthy fried rice that uses my satay sauce. Satay recipe here
It’s really simple and super quick. I reckon you could do it in 15-20 mins no worries. This one is Vegetarian but you can easily add the meat / seafood of your choice.
So you will need;
- Timmy’s Satay Sauce – Or some inferior shop bought satay
- some pre-cooked brown rice – You can google how to cook it if you don’t know how. Google is your friend!
- Half an onion finely sliced
- small piece of fresh ginger finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic – smashed and finely diced
- half a red pepper (capsicum) halved then sliced or diced
- small handful of mushrooms roughly chopped
- 1 spring onion sliced however you like
- 1/3 of a red chilli finely sliced
- half a lemon
- some broccoli or whatever veggies you have left in the fridge
- 3 organic free range eggs – whisked and seasoned with salt and white pepper
- light soya sauce
- sesame oil
- peanut oil
- Shaoxing wine
- coriander – fresh, finely chopped
Ok so get your pan nice and hot. Add a drizzle of peanut oil and a few drops of sesame oil. Now add the all the pre chopped veggies. Stir around for a few mins then add a splash of light soya sauce and a splash of mirin. Pop a lid on and leave for 1 min then move the veggies to one side, add the egg and move around like you are scrambling them. Once the egg is pretty much cooked mix everything up then add the rice to the pan. Add a dash more mirin then 3-4 tablespoons of the satay sauce. Mix up well turn the heat down slightly and pop the lid on for 1 min.
Now remove the lid and add the coriander and a few more fine sliced of red chilli. finally add about a teaspoon of the Shaoxing wine and the juice from half a lemon and mix well.
Serve with a bit more red chilli if you like it spicy and a final spoon of satay sauce on top. Give it a final sprinkle of fresh coriander and pop a wedge of lemon on the side to make it look pretty. Sorted!
Really good post work out meal too, especially if you are a vegetarian. Healthy and reasonably low fat….well kind of 🙂