Well, this turned out rather well. I had some leftover bolognese and béchamel sauce from the Lasagna recipe I made the other day, so I decided to turn it into this beautiful Croque Monsieur creation.
I always end up with some extra bolognese and béchamel when I make a lasagna. I have an irrational fear of not having enough to fill the dish when I make the lasagna, so I always cook more than I need! 🙂 This is a great way to make use of the leftovers. The key here is good sourdough and good cheese. I love to serve this with a simple dressed cos lettuce salad with a few fresh shavings of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
This is the recipe for my favourite vinaigrette dressing;
- 3 tablespoons of good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of good quality balsamic vinegar
- A good pinch of Maldon salt & freshly cracked black pepper
- A small drizzle of honey or agave nectar
- A teaspoon of mustard (of your choice)
- Optional – Add a few chilli flakes for a little spicy zing!
I dress the salad, then shave the parmesan over the salad just before I serve. So simple but super tasty.
Give it a go and let me know what you think! Happy Cooking! Xx